Sunday, November 30, 2008

The future Mrs. Scottsdale Trophy Wife.

Last night I went out with Mr. Neighbor… yea I know, adding another man to the mix. I swear to God it’s like moths to a flame lately (though my mom is starting to think it’s more like lambs to the slaughter!) I don’t think I’ve ever dated this much, in fact it’s getting pretty ridiculous. This was my third date in a week! I’m dating exhausted… but that’s not the point of the story, let me get back to Mr. Neighbor. Now Mr. N’s parents have lived next door to mine for 10 years now. So we’ve seen each other in passing. And he has a 7 year old daughter who is in love with my dad more than you can imagine. So every time they come to visit her grandma they call over to my parents to see if she can also come over and play with Chuck. But in the past 10 years I don’t think I’ve had more than a handful of conversations with him so when he called this week I was a little taken aback, and that’s an understatement. In fact when he called I thought he was going to ask me to babysit, so when he suggested taking me out to dinner I was quite in shock. As was my mother who was crying she was laughing so hard. And don’t get me wrong he’s very nice, in his mid 30’s, attractive, has a nice body, has a great job… but when it comes down to it just not my type. But as I was a little shell shocked when he asked I agreed to dinner. In fact I think my actual response was: “Um, Ok?”

But actually last night turned out to be really nice. I didn’t think that we would have much in common but turns out that we both share a love for wine and Ohio Football, and oddly enough that kept us talking for most of the night. What I had assumed to be just dinner ended up being dinner and then a really cool jazz wine bar… and the evening ended a surprisingly short 6 hours later. And I have to say it was nice to have someone take me out and make a reservation (instead of take out!). And after all the doubt with my love life lately it was really nice to sit down and have someone tell me how amazing I look (he’s seen me at my WORST and was very polite about it saying well not that you didn’t look great before but you really look amazing now) and to have dinner with someone who appreciates just how much fun I can be. So all in all it was great wine, good food, and fun company. And maybe there wasn’t a love match… But I wasn’t look for one. As I’ve mentioned before there is someone who is a possible love match back in Los Angeles (and yes it’s still too soon for me to give too many details. I learned my lesson last time! You guys will just have to guess which Mr. has been stealing my heart! Hint he is mentioned in the blogs). But what I left with was a fun new friend to hang out with when I’m in town. He wants to get together when I’m back in a couple of weeks, and that I’m more than ok with.

No comments:

Post a Comment