Sunday, November 16, 2008

Holy Ex’s Batmen!

Throughout the ages three has always been a mystical number. Things always seem to happen in threes. And it is said that the number three represents harmony of the opposites, so it should come to no surprise that my ex’s always seem to reappear in 3’s. When Mr. Wyoming showed back up in my life I thought, oh there’s two when’s the third going to appear… turns out I didn’t have to wait too long. Yesterday the 3rd showed up- Mr. Baby R. Though oddly enough it turns out he would have reappeared sooner if it wasn’t for the fact that my phone number got changed back in the spring. When I changed my number I did send out a mass email letting everyone know the new number, though it’s not surprising to know I didn’t send anything out to any of my Ex’s… I thought fresh number, fresh start.

Apparently over the last couple of months Mr. Baby R has sent numerous text messages but they were never returned so he started to get worried. Thinking that I was still upset over things that happened years ago when we broke up. Mainly that he ended things by standing me up at a bar. But being the chump that I am I forgave him a time ago, and if you recall even slept with him back in the spring. So after I got a good laugh, because it always seems like I have an ex (or three) checking up on me, I sent him back an email that explained the new number and invited him out drinking… But really I’m sick of being that girl with all the ex’s. Yea it’s nice to know that I’m friendly with almost all of them and could call them up out of the blue for drinks, coffee, cheering up, whaetver. And I’m always the better person and no matter how much I get hurt I always go back for more. I will always be the one to call, text and smooth over the transition into friends… But when’s the roller coaster of ex’s going to end? And when can I stop living in the past and really move on in the present. Because this splits I’m doing, with one foot in history and one in the future is starting to really hurt. And too much longer in this position and I think I may just get stuck. Because here I sit on my Sunday morning still missing San Diego and still missing what I thought I had. Because it turns out of all the ex's in my life, there really is one who does not still think about me. And that makes me just a bit sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment