Sunday, November 23, 2008

Fuck Buddy. Friend or Foe?!?!

I have to say it’s been a very interesting weekend… full of fun, surprises, propositions, and laughter… It’s been the first weekend in a really long time that I really felt like myself again. And I have a few people to thank for that, some old friends, some new friends, and even one really old friend. Sometimes when you are down you just need to go back to your roots a bit… and boy did I ever go back to my roots. My San Diego roots. Back to the days when the most stressful thing was a play rehearsal. And Saturday nights were spent at Soma listening to Buck-O-Nine and Aqua Bats. To when hooking up meant kissing (and sorry boys but I still am sticking with what I said last night- hooking up still means kissing!). And back in the days when we were all home by midnight because of curfew (and not because we had hit 7 bars in less than 12 hours!).

But of course with the ups there was a bit of a down. And as we know there are many ways to make me feel like shit lately.One of them is to suggest we become fuck buddies. It’s one thing to want to date and then have sex with me. But to actually say you don’t know if you want to date me but damn you want to fuck me. Now that’s a little insulting. And yes we know I’ve settled for that in the past (and haven’t we all at some point)… but really if you don’t want all of me you shouldn’t be able to get any of me. That’s the how strongly I feel about this at the moment. And sure I’m a flirt… and I will flirt and tease back with the best of them. Because hell yea that’s fun… but when it comes down to it I’m looking for a bit more. You may ask where this rant came from… well lets just say I’ve had some interesting propositions lately. And luckily (and some might find shockingly) I have found someone who wants to give me everything that I want so it’s easy for me to sit on my high horse and say sorry kids all those illicit propositions I don’t need them… I think maybe that’s why these seem even more ridiculous. Hell I even was propositioned by a friend of someone I had been dating… which the only thing I have to say is this (and yes Peanut Gallery- YOU WARNED ME) but nothing tells you how little you meant to someone when their friends start asking you out… Flattering at first, yes. But I have to say the idea of just passing around someone is really kind of insulting… shame on you boys. And yes I said boys because there has been more than just one of this particular Mr.’s friends that have seen fit to let me know that they are more than willing to fill his shoes… But luckily for me I’ve traded in for a new pair… and these new shoes are fitting me just perfectly!

No comments:

Post a Comment