Friday, November 21, 2008

A Single girl. And her pheromones.

It seems guys can sense when you are looking for a relationship… they also can sense when you are not. It’s this weird 6th sense radar kind of thing that I can’t explain let alone understand. These last 2 weeks I have eerily become more and more aware of it. After a tumultuous year (to say the least!) I have been kind of looking forward to settling down with myself and figuring out my life. Ok maybe not LOOKING forward to it as much as it’s been thrust on me, but it is time to make some changes. And trying to avoid a third disaster in 2008 I figured I needed to go along this path without the help of a boy… well turns out the fates are laughing at me now. Because right now it is the wrong time to meet someone and it seems that men are being thrown at me left and right. Cute guy at the gym that I always see- of course he wants to take me to dinner. Bar owner at one of my favorite bars that I like to flirt with- oh right you want to take me out for drinks one night when you aren’t working. Mr. Ex whom I have finally settled into a very satisfying non-relationship with, you want to make some changes to that too… I kid you not it seems like everywhere I turn I’m meeting someone. The phone is beeping with text messages constantly, always from a guy wanting to know what I’m up to tonight, what am I doing this weekend… and I have to say if I wasn’t so miserable I would actually be enjoying it. Ok maybe I am enjoying it a bit. But the only thing I have to say to the fates is this, where was this a month ago? Where was this in August?

The sad thing is that there is one who has brought the smile back to my face in the last couple of weeks… one who for a long list of reasons I cannot (though really want to) date. One who very much has his light on. And I have to say it kind of sucks. Because finally all the right guys are being thrust at me and for once it’s me that’s not ready… Looks like for once I’m the one whose light is not on! And that is just plain frustrating!

No comments:

Post a Comment