Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Hardt to the rescue!

In between drinks with Mr. Distraction and waiting for Mr. Ex to get off of work I decided to spend my free hour at the gym. Yea I know you can yell at me now for double booking my evening. But in my defense Mr. Distraction knows the score and spent two nights this week listening to me drone on and on about someone else. So really there was only one Mr. tonight… and lately Mr. Ex has turned into a bit more than I thought it would be. Which is really nice and really scary at the same time… though I have to say it’s also really nice to have someone wake me up in the mornings for morning sex (Oh how I’ve missed that!) but I digress… back to the gym. So there I was working out my daemons, which I’ve had a tendency to do. And 30 minutes and a little over 4 miles later I could feel them being exorcised I noticed the woman next to me was making little squeaking sounds. When I looked over she looked like one of those cartoons with her feet going so fast, it was almost like the roadrunner. Complete with little beep beep noises. Except that when I took out my headphones I noticed that it wasn’t beep beep coming out of her mouth but help me help me. I of course asked the obvious, Um are you ok. She looked at me like here’s you sign… but calmly said no I can’t stop. So I reached over and pulled the emergency stop button for her and then calmly continued on my run. Though really it was more of a sprint tonight… I couldn’t get the machine to go fast enough for me tonight, though that’s probably good because it seemed like every time I got under a 9-minute mile my pants would start to fall off. Turns out if you add double workouts and little to no food due to stress and constant nausea you will lose double the amount of weight. So after my 5 miles I decided to take my newly tight ass body and my lifesaving skills and treat them to a nice cup of frozen yogurt. After all, I’m going to need a little energy if I want to make it through my second workout tonight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment