Thursday, November 13, 2008

What’s in a name?

So lately I’ve begun to feel like a contestant on the Bachelorette: So Cal version. There seems to be a revolving door of dates that are coming and going from my life. Some visit just once, some are repeats at the rose ceremony and of course we all know the one who rejected my rose… So I thought I’d share one of this weeks Bachelors. It might be shocking to know that this week there are multiple- Mr. USC, Mr. Ex, Mr. Hotness and Mr. Comedian- Like I said I really do feel like I’m on a dating show right now. All these Mr’s but now a Mr. Right in the lot…Now this story is about Mr. ?. I met Mr. ? recently at a bar. It was loud, I was partaking in a lot of shots and his family is from Spain so he has a foreign name. Though you wouldn’t know it by looking at him- he’s born and raised in the valley and looks more Greek than he does Spanish, but all the same he has an interesting first name. When he first called and left a message I thought I sort of got the name but of course I made a couple girlfriends listen to the message to see if I had it right. Now all of us had different interpretations of his name. So I was back to square one. I agreed to go on a date with him, and figured that at some point maybe his name would come up… well his last name did. So YAY I have part of it down now, though it would have been a little formal to call him Mr. N for the rest of the night. So when the check came I tried to get a peek of his credit card, but to no avail he had it taken away so quickly. Usually I would at this point give a guy props for quickly paying without even looking at the receipt or looking at me to pay. But instead I was annoyed that I struck out with the name again. And of course the next morning he called to set up another date, left a voice message to which I once again couldn’t get the correct name. DAMN. So now I have date number two with someone whose first name I don’t know still… oh well maybe next time! I mean he’s going to leave some mail laying about sometime, right?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment