Thursday, November 6, 2008

Mr. Ex rises to the occasion... once again!

Today I got to thinking about Mr. Ex and how we got to where we are today. And seeing as I’m done blogging about my current life I thought I would go back in time and give you a peak at my relationship with him. So while I sit here waiting for him to get home for a night out at our old haunt, I will go down memory lane with you. Down 6 years to be exact… And I have to say wow, after sitting here and counting years I really can’t believe that we’ve been friends for 6 years now.

6 years ago I was a smiling virgin (yea I know that’s hard to believe), dating one of Mr. Ex’s friends. We met while both working on a Stunt show and struck up a friendship. I still remember the first conversation I ever had with him, mainly because I thought who was this guy who after talking with me for 15 minutes is inviting me for drinks with him. Now I didn’t go that night, but later in the week we all met up in a group for drinks at Howl at the Moon. Now those of you from the Old Universal days may make fun of Howl, but remember this was so far back in time it actually was PRE Saddle Ranch! But somehow we struck up an odd friendship and hung out for the next couple of months… but it wasn’t until the spring of the following year that I started to realize that we were morphing from friends into something more… and of course this is the time that Saddle Ranch was built, and we all remember fondly that many romances were built there. Geez for me alone it was the start not only with Mr. Ex, but also eventually Mr. Wyoming and one of the many Mr. Brazils. But through many AMF’s on Thursday nights we suddenly found ourselves dating… and it was then that I realized that after years of holding on to my virginity I was finally ready to put on the big girl pants. And Mr. Ex was perfect for that. He waited over a month past when I was ready, wanting it to be right. And refusing to do it one night while I was drunk, and instead waited for the perfect sober opportunity… though that entire night was an evening of unusually and unbelievably funny events, but that’s for a different blog completely. Anyways long story short we finally had sex and continued to date for a couple of months.

Now Mr. Ex is a great guy, but commitment is not one of his strong suits. So we went our separate ways without any hard feelings… and over the years we often have found ourselves single at the same time, and always willing to scratch each others “itch” so to speak… but what began as relationship involving late party nights and lots and lots of booze has slowly turned into this amazing friendship that has become more comfortable than romantic. And what began with AMF’s at Saddle Ranch has turned into late nights cuddling on the couch and phone calls for advice trying to get over Ex’s… He’s really been there for me over the years, calling from Brazil when my mother got sick, setting a trap to catch Mr. NakedBartender cheated, and always being on the end of the phone call or text message when I just needed someone to tell me everything’s going to be all right. And although he has tried to make us into more this last year, I have resisted. Sure there has been sex this year, but I have resisted making this into what I know will eventually ended us. Because I’m afraid if we actual did start to date he would pull his old tricks and once again I would be left broken hearted. And from where I’m sitting right now, I just can’t take the chance with my heart again… But once again he was the one who I called today when I was down about things in my life… and once again he has answered the call for help. And yes we have plans tomorrow night to spend an evening cuddling up watch a movie while I housesit… but tonight the plan is for something I need just a bit more. A night at an old haunt with an old haunt. Perfect for making memories of other boys disappear… even if it’s just a temporary fix, it’s just what the doctor ordered. No emotions, no strings, no tears or heartache- just old friends, some booze and maybe an itch or two… Just don't expect any details in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment