Tuesday, December 2, 2008

My Ghosts of Christmas…

My Horoscope today: You will be presented with two choices, both of which are really tempting. You can’t choose both, so pick the one that’s best in the long-term…

I had to laugh this evening when I read my horoscope… They got it partially right. There are actually three choices this week in fact. Tonight I embark on 3 ex’s in 3 days. I don’t know why all 3 have been brought back into my life, though Mr. Ex really has never left, but I’m willing to put it in fates hands and find out what my 3 ex’s have to offer… In fact looking at my choices it really is the ghosts of Christmas Past… though what scares me is this thought- if they really are my ghost then does that make one the ghost of Christmas past, one the ghost of Christmas present, and the final one the ghost of Christmas future.

Tonight’s the easy ghost… Mr. Ex. As you are well aware I’ve been dating him for the last couple of months and things are going really well. Things just are easy between us. There isn’t any drama. There isn’t any confusion. Just two great friends that like to keep each other company romantically in-between relationships and platonically when we are in relationships. Tonight is just a simple night. A Movie. A fire. A nice bottle of wine…

Tomorrow’s ghost is a little more complicated, Mr. Wyoming. His relationship and mine was never easy. We truly did fight but then make up in the most spectacular fashion… already I can see the spark between us. But mainly because we really do just drive each other crazy. Already since we’ve started talking there has been drunken messages and an apology (him to me) and we haven’t even seen each other yet! He's one that will never be my future or my present... but it would be nice to be able to put all of our past where it belongs, in the past.

The last ghost I’m keeping to myself for a bit.. Don’t worry he’s not complicated at all. Though I wouldn’t say he’s easy either. He’s right in-between… and I think he scares me the most. Maybe because he’s one that I’ve always had unfinished business with. One of the few that didn't break my heart!

Over the last week I’ve had to deal with a different set of three boys. One that I’m sadly still in love with, one that I’ve become more and more enamored with as I've gotten to know him, and one that I’ve found I’m very sexually compatible with. Three different boys. And those three also can be catagorized as past, maybe future, and present. But no matter what there seem to be way too many ghosts hanging around in my head (and my bedroom) for me to really move toward that future.

But none-the-less I sit here and wonder what my ghosts will bring this week… I know they really won’t bring my future. And I know I need to stop looking into my past. It always just ends up hurting me… Case in point this weekend. There is something about being told that you are not only replaceable but tradable that really gets to a girl… Never thought of myself as a trading card, and I never hope to again. I just hope I was worth the trade… But for now I’m looking into the future… maybe it will have my past, maybe not. But for now I’m going to just enjoy the next three days. Let’s just hope the fates don’t end up laughing at me when it’s all said and done.

No comments:

Post a Comment