Wednesday, December 3, 2008

This one’s for the girls… US!

This is for all you girls about twenty-five
In little apartments just trying to get by
Living on, on dreams and Spaghetti-Os
Wondering where your life is gonna go

This one's for the girls
Who've ever had a broken heart
Who've wished upon a shooting star
You're beautiful the way you are
This one's for the girls
Who love without holding back
Who dream with everything they have
All around the world
This one's for the girls


I was going through my music, reorganizing it on my new computer (Whooo Hooo). And while I was doing that I started listening to a lot of songs that I hadn’t heard in a really long time. Some buck-o-nine, some real big fish, a little queen and then I came upon a song by Martina McBride that really just stuck with me. Because right now at 29 I know I don’t have my life figured out. I know I’m just one of those girls living on Dreams and Spaghetti-O’s (though with me it’s more like dreams and brie- but that doesn’t sound as dramatic) but I also know that I’m not the only one. This is the age when things change. When we all start to grow up. Our priorities shift. A job becomes a career, or if not then we go out searching for it. Apartments become condos and then houses… and all the stress that comes with it (E I can’t wait to have champagne in your new condo- whichever one it may be!). When stress about who we go home with on a Friday night gives way to who we want to wake up next to on our Sunday Mornings. Go from wanting someone to share a beer with occasional to sharing our bed with forever, complete with the 2.5 kids and dog… We’ve all had our hearts broken. And bounced back. That’s the thing about broken hearts, they hurt really bad at first, then it’s just kind of an ache as it grows back and then next thing you know you’ve given it to someone else and it’s bright and shiny and hopeful and just as good as new. And I especially know about loving without holding back… is there a song that can help me to learn how to hold back!!! We have gone from having our parents take care of us to being the one who comforts them. We start to lose friends and parents… But the one thing that is constant is the Dreams. I still wish on a star almost every night. Wish for small things, impossible things, heart retching things and sometimes just for a phone call… And sure most of the times they don’t come true, but that doesn’t stop me from looking for that star or tossing a penny into a fountain. Because without dreams and hope we really do have nothing. And I sit here this morning oddly full of hope. No nothing has happened to make me hopefully… but lately I have been giving up on it, and I think that might be why it’s given up on me. So instead I’m going to be the rosy optimist and say the words that make me want to throttle someone- It’s all going to be all right. And this one is for MY girls. The ones that are dealing with mid life crisis’s. Losing Jobs. Loved Ones. Family. Trying to find that perfect place to live. Trying to have those 2.5 kids. Dealing with yet another ass that broke your heart. Getting over the last relationship. Moving on with someone new. Trying to find your niche in the world. All that I have to say is this we truly are “going to make it after all” because we are all going to find what we are looking for... because there's gotta be something more!

No comments:

Post a Comment