Saturday, October 4, 2008

Cold Rainy Saturdays…

Due to Mr. Ex’s shooting schedule I spent a quiet night on the couch watching TV… which is kind of funny, because if I was dating him I would have been the perfect girlfriend last night. Not even upset or annoyed at him for shooting late. In fact I understand oh too well getting stuck on set. Though in this situation I think he might have been the upset or annoyed one. Because he didn’t cancel on me, it was me that canceled on him at the end. He was getting off around 10, so dinner was postponed to Sunday night, but of course he suggested going out for drinks last night around 11pm. To once again I told him that sex was off the table so I would just see him on Sunday for dinner.

So instead of crazy sex in front of my very warm fire (oh yea I lit it last night!) I spent it on the couch watching The Ex List… And oddly enough I found the concept of it amusing. The idea that you’ve already dated and broken up with your future husband. Which OF COURSE got me to thinking about my ex’s, and thinking oh my I sure hope that I don’t have to marry one of them! I mean they’ve given me lots of things to write about but not one would I even want to have sex with, let alone have sex with for the rest of my life! I mean there is Mr. Arizona who managed to get his “girlfriend” pregnant around the same time we were back sleeping together, so I could be a step mom. Or there is Mr. Wyoming, whose mother hated me more than I thought possible and who I would probably be living on a cattle range with before long. Then there was Mr. NakedBartender, I would be married to a part time underwear model part time webcam star. Of course there is Mr. Ex, who I could travel to Brazil with but would always have an empty bed because he’s usually all over the globe and the state working. Mr. My Harry who has a problem with monogamy. Or maybe Mr. High School where I could be settled down in Del Mar with, smoking some pot and surfing every day. At least with Mr. Baby R I would probably be doing the same thing I am doing now- On a couch in Santa Monica watching college football. It’s funny though, many of my ex’s I’ve thought that maybe I would end up. But you know what they say, unanswered prayers and all… looking back I’m very thankful for the fact that the relationships all crumbled at the end. Many I’ve stayed friends with, some I’ve lots touch with, some I'm myspace and facebook friends with and some I bet are reading this very blog… but it’s the future non-ex who has me captivated at the moment… the one who will make all those just fade into distant memories, a story to be told at a dinner party or a warning we give to our future children. It's not the past that I'm looking at this rainy Saturday, it's the future... and I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment