Saturday, October 11, 2008

Holy shit there’s a lime in my purse!

Man when it rains it pours… and it sure is raining men over here in my world! After spending the summer waiting for Mr. Green to finally wake up, I had ended up in a dating funk of sorts. I would meet a guy, go on a date, end up totally uninterested and back at home text messaging Mr. G as soon as I could. But since I finally realized that I was the one who really needed to wake up, I think I might be putting out a hormone of sorts… and trust me I wish I could bottle it and take it out whenever I need it. I started off the week with a request from a friend to set me up with Mr. Bartender (my age, cute and works at one of my favorite bars!). After that I was asked out by both Mr. Text and Mr. Fireman (27, Former Minor League Baseball Player and currently a Fireman at the station down the street from my house). The later I had spent Friday afternoon with watching the Dodgers once again get their asses handed to them… So you can imagine I was feeling pretty sure of myself when I heading out last night with Marie.

Now in the past Marie and I have had a tendency to get a little wild… including picking up 9 guys a couple of years ago and bringing them all back to my apartment. Which has always been a funny story but something I never thought to repeat it… until last night! But that’s getting ahead of myself. Let’s go back to the beginning, which started out with a nice bottle of champagne (thanks Lisa and Brian you got to contribute to my night of debauchery) and a cab ride down to Finns, our local Irish Pub. The evening had been progressing nicely but kind of slow. We started talking to a couple of guys, had a bunch of shots and felt like the oldest woman in the bar. Seriously, when did everyone at a bar suddenly become so YOUNG… towards the end of the evening on my way back from the bathroom I was stopped by a young cute yuppie looking guy who asked why I was ignoring him, though the odd part was he said: “Hey Hardt why are you ignoring me”… turns out then while I was in the restroom Marie had approached a group of 7 young guys and had proceeded to sell them on me, I felt like I was suddenly on a reality dating show. There I was sitting down with 7 guys all vying for my interest… it was a little surreal at first, but after a few beers, another drink and an Irish Car Bomb I was kind of warming up to the idea of us and 7 guys, as well as warming up to Mr. La Jolla (Very Cute, into hedge funds and stocks, grew up in La Jolla and was 23- of course!)… After a few more drinks, a lot of flirting, a lot of making out in the bar (by Marie and her new friend Mr. Pro Drummer, and by pro I mean he’s a drummer for a very famous band) and lot of fun we decided to walk over to one of the guys beach houses to continue the party. I have to say from there a lot of the evening is a little fuzzy, though I do remember a lot more drinking, some music and a moon lit walk on the beach (by me and Mr. La Jolla because by 4 everyone else was passed out). All in all it was a great evening, and one that ended when we finally got a cab back to my place just before the sun come up… so today I’m sitting on my couch, exhausted and hungover but very happy with the way my romantic life seems to be going… because this time, it looks like getting back into the saddle is going to be a whole hell of a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment