Friday, October 24, 2008

Tears Before Cheese.

“It's hard to find the good in someone when you have already found the best in someone else”

Last night I went out with Mr. USC, though really we should call him Mr. Perfect on Paper- 30, did his undergrad at UCLA and his law degree from USC, now works in Real Estate Development, training for the marathon and has a very cute set of dimples. All in all, perfect on paper, exactly the kind of guy that I should be dating. One that wined and dined me, literally! But sometimes a girl needs more than that. And on the heels of three of my friends getting engaged this week, I think I’m waiting for that spark. And last night I just didn’t feel that spark. We had a great time, hit two different wine bars (with amazing cheeses at each), consumed lots of wine and a bottle of champagne, went to one of my favorite bars for a late night snack of sweet potato fries and beers to compliment them. All in all it was an evening which I usually would then follow with- it was a great first date. Except that it came on the heels of my trip to San Diego…

The fact is I went into the date in tears… luckily he was late so I was able to save face, put on a little make up and turn myself back into the fun exciting girl he met the week before. The thing is I’m just so damn frustrated… and after having a horrible day yesterday the last thing I wanted to do was go on a first date. Pretty much all I wanted to do was curl up in bed with Mr. G, fall asleep and start the day over. And after the events of the day and my frustrations with myself, my life and men I got in my car and the tears just started falling. Luckily some good company and some great wine got me out of my funk. So he’s not going to be my Mr. Right, and most likely he’s not going to even be my Mr. Right now. And maybe it’s good that there isn’t that spark… so ok there won’t be sex, but there sure as hell will be wine and laughter. And for me, for now, that’s just about right.

No comments:

Post a Comment