Sunday, October 5, 2008

Steins of fun!

Last night I went out with friends to one of my favorite events of the fall: Oktoberfest at Alpine Village in Torrance. Now at first glance it would seem like a completely dorky thing, but at second glance you will see that it’s an unbelievably dorky and yet insanely fun thing. Now it’s unlike any beer garden you will ever go to. It’s held in this insane tent at Alpine Village, complete with live bands (all polka and German of course), large steins of beer (that I personally love to turn into hats!), lots of Chicken Dancing, some singing, some yelling and basically just all around good times had by all. In fact it was a perfect Saturday Night… complete with a date for next week. Mr. Oktoberfest is probably not Mr. Right… he’s once again young (26) but he’s a lawyer, lives only about 5 minutes from my house (a local for once, YAY!) and was more than willing to bail on his friends and spend an evening making hats with me. And maybe there weren’t any butterflies, just a hug and a kiss on the cheek goodnight. But right now I think that’s all that I’m looking for… plus it’s nice to wake up to a text message in my inbox from someone new!

So for now I am spending a very hungover Sunday alone watching the Chargers get their asses handed to them (once again)… and I have to say I’m happy about it. The being alone part, not the Chargers part. Because from where I’m sitting the future is looking a bit brighter this week. I have dinner tonight with Mr. Ex and drinks this week with Mr. Oktoberfest… and most likely neither will be around for next season’s football, but it’s nice to know that that might just be a possibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment