Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sometimes a snuggle is all that you need.

So I’ve tried to be the strong independent single girl these last few weeks. I’m back in the dating game. I’m meeting men I actually want to have sex with (eventually!). I’m hanging out more with my girls. I’m having tons of fun. And my little positive voice is coming back to me. All around YAY’s… but at the same time I do have moments when I do miss having Mr. G in my life. Yea we still chat a bit, he was back east on a whirlwind business trip so he was bored and therefore I become important again. But it’s not the same between us, I’m finally not living in that fantasy that he’s going to one day come up to LA trying to make things with us work… and I finally realized my thinking was flawed, if he has to come up and make things “work” than it really isn’t meant to be. Because a relationship shouldn’t be work it just should be.

That being said I also realized I missed the companionship of having someone around. It’s gotten cold up here in Los Angeles. Something it rarely does this early in the year, and something I usually hate. It means I have to pull out my full wetsuit. Start turning the heat on before I go to bed. Pull out all the sweaters and jackets. But at the same time it also means Scarves, hot chocolate and baileys, soups, a fire in my fireplace and hopefully someone to snuggle with on my couch… because there is something to be said about having someone to snuggle with on my Saturday Nights. As much as I love to go out and have a wild and crazy night, there is something to be said about watching a good movie, making some popcorn, and having a little cuddle with someone in front of my fire. And this week it took Mr. La Jolla to remind me just how nice it is to just cuddle. So there wasn’t sex… in fact there wasn’t even a little T &G… just someone to snuggle up against in the cold and whisper sweet things in my ear. Because sometimes a snuggle is all that you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment