Monday, October 20, 2008

“She’s the vice president of Fantasy Land…”

I would have to say my greatest weakness, but also one of my greatest charms is that I fall head first into things. In life, in love, in dreams… I always believe that something bigger and better is just around the corner. Sure I get depressed and upset, but at the end of each day I can look back and think well that’s over, let’s move on to the next. Every night that I’ve fallen asleep in tears I’ve woken up to dreams of grandeor…But some days and people make me look back and think… sometimes it’s just hard to believe that all is for the best. And I have to say that today is just one of those days. And that’s kind of sucks. Because I like living in my fantasy land. I believe in the best of people. I believe in second chances (and third and forth and fifth)… despite it all I still believe in love. I believe my friends really are my family, no matter what we may say/do/or believe. I take a person at their word. When I get an idea in my head, I start to make plans. I can’t help myself, I just get caught up in the moment in life, in the possibilities that could be. And most of all I still believe that one day he will be standing out side of my window holding a boom box over his head. And maybe that’s why I do the things I do… because in the end I believe in those fairytale endings, in pots of gold at the end of rainbows and silver linings on every dark cloud.

But its days like today that makes me disbelieve a little… disbelieve in certain lovers. Disbelieve in certain friends. And disbelieve in life. Because some days you just wake up and realize that sooner or later you will have to come down to reality. Maybe my pixie dust has lost its magic or maybe it was never there to begin with… but I’m hoping that I wake up tomorrow and all is right with the world again. Because living a life without a little hope, really isn’t living life at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment