Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Summer Nights...

I’m the queen of introducing new guys to my friends way too early… usually it ends up being drinks with the girls, or dinner with a friend who just happens to be in from out of town, or a birthday that I just can’t get out of. But secretly I like to get my friends opinions on my dates early on… not that I always take their advice, but I like getting it! So it really shouldn’t come to too much surprise to me that guys do that same. But I was a little surprised to find myself being the one to be introduced to the good friends a little early! Last Sunday Mr. Disney invited me to a BBQ two of his friends were having… I was envisioning a large group of people, a BBQ and some beers. Very relaxed, chill and not intimidating. What I ended up attending was a dinner party. With only 1 other guest besides Mr. Disney, Myself and the couple hosting it. Turns out I was invited to his version of my Tuesday Night Dinner with Lisa and Brian! And after a moment of surprised, I had a glass of wine (and then a bottle) and went with the flow. Surprisingly I had a fantastic time. They were all really cool, educated (we had a lively debate on the new supreme court decision against death penalty for child rapists) and very similar to most of my friends. And equally surprising was the fact that not only were they welcoming but everyone really went out of there way to make me feel part of the group. And when they did start to tell stories and updates on their friends they made sure to give me a background story on the friend before proceeding. So we spent the evening drinking, eating, laughing, and basically just enjoying a perfect Sunday night in Santa Monica. And at the end of the night I have to say Mr. Disney was starting to win me over. Now I don’t know if the was because I did love his friends, or the amount of wine that we all had consumed or just maybe he really is a nice guy after all. But for once I’m not rushing things like I have in the past… and personally I’m enjoying just taking my time and getting to know someone. Who knows what will happen in the future… but for now I’m fine with a nice dinner with friends, some wine, and a sweet kiss goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment