Sunday, July 20, 2008

I see dead people

Last night I found myself enjoying not only one of my favorite summer activities but one of the top things to do in Los Angeles- Classic Movie Screenings at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery. For those of you that don’t know what I’m talking about (and if that is true, run don’t walk to the cemetery this Saturday or Sunday!) the Hollywood Forever Cemetery opens its gates on Saturday and Sundays for screenings of Classic Movies (mostly camp and horror). It screens it onto the back of one of the mausoleums on the great lawn. It sounds morbid but in fact it is incredibly fun! They open the gates an hour and half before the screening (though I recommend getting there really early because it often maxes out) and with a DJ playing in the background you can enjoy your own picnic dinner. And it has the distinction of being one of the few places in LA where you can enjoy alcohol with your picnic! But lets get back to my Saturday… Mr. Green and I set out to enjoy Clockwork Orange under the stars… in hindsight maybe not the best “date” movie, but since all of our dates had been unconventional (except maybe seeing Batman the previous evening) it seemed only appropriate that we see one of the most sexually disturbing movies of all times. So before heading to the screening we made a stop by at Whole Foods to pack ourselves the perfect dinner- well my version of the perfect dinner: Brie, Guda, A Tomato-Cheese Spread, Salami, Crackers, a Rosemary Olive Baguette, Hummus, Tabouli (my first time tasting it and have to say I’m kind of a fan now!), and mini healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies… oh and don’t let me forget two bottles of Chardonnay. After that it was off to the movies! The movie was even better than I remembered (though a little more disturbing!) but let me tell you it really was just about the perfect way to spend a Saturday Evening- A great movie, a couple of bottles of wine, some cheese, and Mr. Green to cuddle with under the stars… Now if only all Saturdays could be spent that way, I’d have a very happy Hardt.

No comments:

Post a Comment