Thursday, July 10, 2008

Once upon a time...

Now we all know how much I love birthdays, especially mine. And every year I kind of try and one up myself with how to celebrate it… but if you had told me that I would start celebrating this years with a whirlwind 24 hour first date I would have laughed at you… if you had then told me that it would be with someone I went to Green Elementary with, I would have known you were making something up. Add the fact that he’s the younger brother of one of my friends would put you maybe in the crazy category. And if you had told me that I had only previously hung out with him for roughly 30 minutes 2 months ago, and that he would drive up from San Diego to go to Disneyland than I would have said you were insane… But I would definitely have had you committed if you had told me I had a fantastic time! But it would be the truth…So here is a top ten list from one of the most fun first dates… and seeing as he does occasionally read my blogs (as does his brother!) I can’t kiss and tell (though he did ask that I put in that the first kiss was on Mr. Toads Wild Ride!) here are the 10 highlights of my date with Mr. Green:

10) ROCK BAND- The previous evening he was given the choice of a night out at crazy trendy LA hotspots or staying in and playing Rock Band with 7 of my girlfriends. And he actually chose to stay in and geek it out with the rest of us. First point in his favor!

9) Getting stuck right at the end of the Haunted Mansion. Seriously we were at the exit but couldn’t get off the ride! Too funny… and such my luck. Though we found a way to pass the time…

8) My fortune(s) at the candy store… First fortune- NO FORTUNE. Wasted 50 cents to be told I have no Fortune… like I needed that prediction. Ok I thought I’ll try another fortune teller. I listened while the girl in front of me read hers, all about how she’s about the meet the man of her dreams… yes I thought, this one’s my machine! And guess what came out: NOTHING once again!!! Seriously I’m even cursed at Disneyland.

7) Turkey Leg- ok it tasted like ham and the skin was nasty… but seriously who on a date has a leg of meat the size of their head! Though the McDonalds French fries were a close second! Junk food- YAY!

6) Being only 2 people- seriously here’s a plus for being a couple, we got to skip ahead in all the lines… YAY! And fast pass works great, except you can’t get more than one at a time! But oddly enough the lines weren’t too bad, and although we did miss Space Mountain we at least got to ride everything else at least once!

5) Pirates Lair on Tom Sawyer Island- Ok this is possibly the best thing ever- caves, treasures, bridges, a tree house, a boat ride… And although I realize that it’s really just for the kids, it’s also fun for those kids at heart.

4) Watching him get heckled at the Sword and the Stone… nothing like watching your date get emasculated in front of a bunch of kids to really make you smile.

3) Poison Apple Shots from the bartender at Downtown Disney. So I made the mistake of asking the bartender to make me a really fun shot with a horrible Disney name- oh my! 3 shots later and we were DRUNK!

2) Having someone equally as geeky to geek it out with me! Nothing would have been worse than having someone look at me like I was crazy as I skipped and bounced my way through the park. And although he did tease me like crazy he allowed me to turn into the 6 year old Disney Princess that I have hidden inside me… letting me stalk characters, take pictures of me and EVERYTHING, ride my favorite rides twice, share junk food with me all day, go with me to Snow Whites’ Castle and my wishing well but basically just put up with a smiley, giggly, loud, spastic, childish me! He got mad props for making it through the entire day!

1) And the top thing on the list would be getting my birthday wish under the fireworks… but sorry guys that story is just for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment