Monday, July 21, 2008

Hardt on Fire!

So once again your trusty blogger found a new way to meet men... or should I say found a new way to meet the firemen that live across the street! Yes you guessed it, I’ve done something to require the help of the men in uniform across the street (yet again!).

As you know I’ve been having a streak of bad luck over the last couple of months ago. Even my “fortune” was telling me of more bad luck (officially my fortune over the weekend was: “You will endure some hardship in the near future”), so I should not have been surprised that while rocking Jeopardy tonight I started to smell what seemed like burning plastic… oh wait it was burning plastic and as I looked over to the dishwasher I noticed that there was smoke coming out of it! Turns out I managed to do the undoable- started my dishwasher on fire. Yes I know a couple of months ago I did set a spatula on fire while cooking, but it’s a completely different ballpark to actual set an appliance on fire- especially an appliance whose sole purpose is to spout WATER! It looks like I might be washing my dishes by hand the next couple of days (luckily it was already having issues so there should be a handy man out next week to check it out) but once again it was thrust upon me that maybe I don’t need a man in my life, but sometimes it is helpful to have a really big hose!

No comments:

Post a Comment