Monday, July 14, 2008

Hardt takes public transportation

After living in Los Angeles the last 7 years I’ve come to think of Public Transportation as something that other people ride on… and more often than not am just upset when I’m stuck behind one of those horrible old buses that make a stop at every freaking corner! But today I adventured up from San Diego on a train, a metro, and a trolley… And I have to say it was kind of fun. The morning started out on the Pacific Liner down in San Diego at 7:10am. Luckily it was pretty empty so I got a row to myself with a prime window that would look out on the ocean when we drove by. As soon as I got on I also noticed that it not only had seat trays, a foot rest, but it also had a plug so I could power up my phone and computer. YAY… and internet access when I connected to random wireless along the route! Though I didn’t get to use it that much since rafter a weekend of not getting enough sleep I was passed out before we started and woke up with only about 45 min left on the ride… double YAY.

When I got off the train in LA I realized that I still wasn’t able to get a hold of anyone to pick me up so I though- I’ll take the metro, that sounds like fun, right?! And actually it was. I took the Metro Red Line to North Hollywood and was unbelievably clean, fast, and air-conditioned! Within 15 minutes I was at the North Hollywood Station, followed the signs across the street and immediately boarded this trolley/bus hybrid (the Orange Metroliner). And once again it was unbelievably clean, fast and air-conditioned. The only part of the adventure that wasn’t clean, fast and air-conditioned was my walk from the Metroliner stop home

No comments:

Post a Comment