Wednesday, July 9, 2008

525,600 Minutes... how do you measure a year in MY life?

As I sit here on the eve of my birthday I got to thinking about this last year… All the changes. Some subtle…some dramatic. All the events, places I’ve visited, people I’ve met, boys I’ve loved, friends I’ve lost… It’s been a wild and crazy ride!

I should have known that my year was going to be topsy turvy- after all it got kick started in July with amazing events and a tragedy or two… A trip to Arizona with Alissa for my birthday started out awesome- can’t kiss and tell for her but let’s just say between the two of us it ended up with multiple guys, lots and lots of shots (plus some Donkey Drunk Love Punch Juice- don’t ask!), some dancing, a little vomiting in a bar, a lot of making out, and an offer to get a hotel room down the street to finish the party! But the evening of insanity was followed by a morning of sadness as I got the call from one of my parents best friends who couldn’t wake up her husband… so they day was spent watching their granddaughter as my mother dealt with their relatives and my father helped deal with the coroner (thanks Alissa for helping me sit even though you were hungover as hell! We returned to LA for a birthday brunch filled with Mimosas and surfing kicking off the actual day and with a party to follow with all my closest and dearest... even a few birthday friends up from San Diego and down from San Francisco (one, Mr. High School even became another “Mr.” on my list!) Everything seemed right to kick off another great year. And then 2 weeks later I broke my nose surfing and I think everything kind of went down hill from there! Though around that time my future boyfriend was born, so all in all not too bad of a month… that poor kid will grow up with me as his Aunt and his future girlfriends will get the line “But I got to hold him when he was only a few hours old!”

August found me with a new nose and down in San Diego for two trips- even won 6 dollars at the race track- Thanks Erika for putting up with my insane happiness over 6 dollars! Back in Los Angeles after finishing up on Cloverfield I started working for this INSANE producer, and the wild ride began again! But mainly the month was spent in the sun, not surfing since I couldn’t but laying around trying to get that damn bump to go down!

September came and went without too much excitement, a few boys came and went but as my mom likes to say- No one to write home about! I did do my first Marathon- well sort of. I did the Boston Walking Marathon (trust me I think it’s harder to walk the marathon route than it is to run it! That heartbreak hill is a KILLER!) and in October I finally headed back to New York, but this time unfortunately for the funeral of one of the greatest woman I know… While I was there I got to visit the old NYU haunts and hang out with my east coast friends Sara and Jenny that I never get to see and spend a little time over at the New York Film Festival where the bane of my existence was being premiered!

November was a sad month for me- the trusty Blazer went up in smoke! Luckily I was able to upgrade to my sexy Escape! And somewhere around August I reconnected with Mr. Wyoming but lucky around the time I got my car we see him exit for good!

December was good and bad to me. I headed back to Ohio and Arizona for Christmas. It was a really horrible trip- and I had given up liquor to fit into a bikini for Hawaii so it was doubly horribly!!! And at this junction we finally see the exit of Mr. Arizona… and for all of you that have been following my saga with him over the years you might be interested in knowing he should have a new name now- Mr. Wisconsin and Mr. Father! But thankfully I am not the girl he got pregnant (though not for lack of trying while I was home for Christmas) and he has moved back home with his “fiancée”, is unemployed and living in his father’s house. As my Dad put it- I sure did dodge a bullet with that one! But I digress… back to my recap! Right after Arizona I was able to leave for what I thought was 7 days in heaven (AKA the Big Island of Hawaii with Janice and Stitz… and the Boomers! Oh it was heaven all right, but we got stuck for 11 days in heaven and were only able to leave the Island after buying another airplane ticket- this time a very expensive one! But while I was there I got to swim, snorkel, hike, rock climb, hike rain forests and active volcanoes, play with turtles and babies, lay in the sun, hitch hike with crazy locals and tourists, sip champagne and skinny dip for New Years and basically just enjoy the best life has to offer (It was an amazing trip… only to be toped by Jamaica in 2 months!)

Now the start of the New Year and the last 6 months have kind of passed in a blur… Everyone is sick of hearing about Mr. NakedBartender and frankly I’m so sick of talking about him… so if you want the recap read the numerous blogs but basically fell in love, found out he was cheating on me with everything that move (and trust me some of them were DOGS), had his ex/current mistress go crazy and accuse me of everything under the sun, then got posted topless on craigslist with my actual phone number under the erotic services section, got my heart broken, but then finally fell out of love with him. But he wasn’t a total loss… I did get to go to Vegas and check off two things on my list of things to do (get caught having sex in a National Park… and the girl who hate’s BJ’s got to give one while NakedBartender was driving my car down the Sunset Strip- hey when a man says I love you and you are drunk everything seems like a good idea!)… We also had a horrible trip to Chicago- and although it rained I would have loved to enjoy the city but instead got stuck in the hotel with a grumpy male that only wanted to complain about everything in life… And I will have to use my Dad’s expression about him here too: You really dodged a bullet with that one too! And as you know around this time came the return of two ex’s- Mr. Baby R and Mr. Brazil… this first was a short visit and the second is here to stay. And oddly am actually missing him now that he’s in India for the rest of the summer- but hey at least I get pictures of Monkeys!

And just when I though things couldn’t get worse than unemployed and exposed on the internet I managed to deal myself the worst blow- with a shot and a lemon I managed to get myself Salmonella Poisoning! And 3 weeks and 4 different medications later I’m still trying to recover… but am looking forward to the last year of my 20’s! I spent last weekend relaxing with old friends, drinking one too many beers (and taste testing my Vodkas), swimming in the pool (plus a water gun fight or two), playing rock band (like the spastic retard that I am) and enjoying life on the 4th! This week I’ve planed an insane time to celebrate the start of the end… Vodka tasting (and requisite Rock band) tonight, Disneyland tomorrow (with fireworks. YAY!), Surfing and Margaritas at the Beach on Thursday, SAKE BOMING Thursday night with my girls to celebrate my yearly milestone, and then Saturday my girls from Green and Uni are coming up for an afternoon of fun by the pool and a night out for my birthday!

All in all it’s been an insane year… but haven’t they all been! But let me tell you, I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else at the moment. I’ve got some great friends in my life (and even some awesome guys I can rely on!). A trip to Jamaica planed in September and hopefully a float trip at the end of the month. I’m once again wearing a bridesmaid dress in August at the wedding of my closest friend since 2nd grade… and who care that I’m going dateless! Erika and my parents are accompanying me, and we plan to drink and dance the night away! So I’m ready to turn 29… optimistic, hopefully, and dare I say it- HAPPY!

No comments:

Post a Comment