Sunday, August 3, 2008

When my present met my past

When I planned my Friday night, I was expecting a nice low key evening… Meeting up for drinks and dinner with Mr. First, which I had assumed would go roughly an hour. Leaving me an hour to get back to the Valley, let the dogs out and head to West Hollywood to meet up with my girls for a party and a bar. Which I figured that after a drink, maybe a flirt, I would head home, let the dogs out one last time and be asleep by 1. Well you know what they say, best laid plans and all. So instead at 1, I was on a rooftop nestled in the bottom of the Hollywood Hills staring at the city and the stars as the fog rolled in with the former Mr. My Harry. But let me go back to the beginning…

When I originally had planned on meeting up with Mr. First for a drink I assumed it would become another drinks and awkward catch up with someone from high school. The background story on us is that Mr. First is an old friend that I haven’t seen since I was 18. We went to High School together, both as theatre geeks, and of course had the requisite Senior Prom night adventure- basically a nice pg-13 (ok really NC-17 rated) night on the beach after prom… lost touch over the years but thanks to the wondrous circle that is facebook became reacquainted a while back, and seeing as we both live in Los Angeles we have been trying to meet up for drinks for awhile. So after a few failed attempts we finally settled on Friday night. Well, the allotted hour quickly turned into 2 ½ and my glass of water turned into 3 glasses of wine (of course!)… But we had a shockingly good time catching up, and after the initial awkward phase we went straight into laughing and drinking like old friends! Unfortunately all the time we spent reminiscing made me ridiculously late for appointments number 2 and 3… So with the promise of another night of drinks to come and a very nice text message from him after I left, I headed off for the rest of my Friday night. The third portion of my evening was spent as a girl’s night at the Village Idiot (crashed by Mr. My Harry and Mr. Entourage-though turns out the best way to meet men is to bring with you one of the stars of a TV show that is most guys favorite). I can skip over most of the evening which really consisted of just a lot of drinking, a lot of sex talk (and members sizes) and even a game of guess who is a virgin and guess who slept with the most actors. But really my evening began after I left the bar. After more glasses of wine and a couple of beers I ended up over on Mr. My Harry’s rooftop. Luckily years of experience has taught me that a drunken night with him is not what the doctor ordered, so after a little cuddle staring at the stars I headed home full of laughter at the unfulfilled promises of the evening. Because maybe I’m just getting old, but right now I need a surfing buddy more than I need a “buddy”… but I won’t lie to you, it still felt really nice to lay with someone staring up at the stars on my Friday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment