Saturday, August 23, 2008

Hardt sadly pimped out again

Not only do I know the dance we singles do at a bar, I would like to say I have perfected it. You walk in (the best bet to pick up men is if you only have one or two other girls with you), order a drink and simply wait with a smile. Before long someone will approach, you chat for a bit, smile a little bit more and before long a drink will be bought for you or if you are feeling feisty you will buy that first round of drinks. After a few more drinks you can either decide to go home with your new friend or if you want a little more than just a one night fling the digits will be exchanged.

The single part of life I know very well… but what I don’t know is the married part. Last night I went out with two of my happily married friends (with their two young sons in tow). What I expected was a lot of wine (and oh we did not disappoint), a few laughs, a few tears (from the two boys of course!) and basically just a nice Italian dinner. Instead what I go was two of my happily married friends trying to once again settle me down. And last night they decided that the waiter was the one who I should settle with. The main criteria for this would be the fact that he was tall, cute (but so not my type!) and seemed to really like kids. Of course I protested… Not my type and seeing as I’m a bartender right now I do not want to be dating a waiter- we would really be one poor couple! But after a few bottles of wine my friends started to silence my protests, but he’s nice, lives in Los Angeles and is the type that I should be dating (IE not a player that will end up dicking me around, disappearing on me or just plain breaking my heart). So at the end of the night they slipped my phone number to Mr. C&O on their credit card slip… I’m just hoping that they were too drunk to get the number right, because as nice as it would be to finally be dating someone they approved of, I think I’m going to have to just go out and find that one on my own. Because not only is that half the fun but I'm still holding out hope on a certain someone...
UPDATE: Turns out I underestimated my own appeal because of course Mr. C&O called tonight for a date...

No comments:

Post a Comment