Saturday, January 3, 2009

Midnight champagne, kisses and dreams.

2009 so far isn’t bringing too many changes into my life… I wish I could say that after a magical night the world changed. Instead it didn’t. I have the same problem I did in 2008, some even more so now! But I actually ended up spending the New Years at a pretty low key wine bar in Hollywood with a bunch of my really good girlfriends. It was chill and just what I needed. Some good food, lots of good alcohol, and great company. And after the crazy year that I have had that’s pretty much all that I needed. So maybe there wasn’t a kiss at midnight, but there were tons of hugs and a million text messages from friends. In the end I haven’t felt so loved in a long time… including texts from around the world (even Mr. Green from New Zealand) and even a message from my first boyfriend (from 6th grade!)… While driving home in the fog I thought I would be a little down for spending my New Years without someone, and instead I had a smile on my face. This is exactly how I wanted to start in the New Year. I have spent the last few weeks making a fool of myself and trying to hang on to someone who is clearly not interested in me… and instead of letting go I have let myself believe that I was just being a bit crazy and no he was still interested. Well this week I was proven wrong (shocking, right!), and have felt oh so much the fool. And sadly have lost respect for (and subsequently the respect of) someone that I have known for more than half my life! That being said, I’m happy to have spent the night not with someone who makes me feel insignificant, but with my girls who make me feel like I can conquer the world… let’s just hope that we can this year!!!

As for the days since New Year’s it’s been a crazy hodgepodge of friends, booze and fun. I woke up on New Year’s Day drastically early to head to brunch with my girls… it was mimosas, homemade donuts and old friends. Another perfect time on New Years, even if I was a tad hungover! Which then segued into a little nap, and then an evening of wine in a hot tub with my favorite crazy blonde. Last night was my favorite bar in Santa Monica to wingman another of my favorite blondes as she met up with her ex… and for once it was nice to have me not be the one flustered and twitterpated. And today will be spent with my girls watching the Chargers game at one of our standard sports bars (GO BOLTS!)… And although maybe I could ask for a better 2009 so far, the one thing I couldn’t ask for is a better group of friends. Who are always there. No matter what… I complain that I never get my cheerleader, but I think I’ve been looking in the wrong arena for it. So maybe these guys will never step up to the bat and be all that I want them to be. That’s ok, because I have a group of girls that take cheerleading to another level. And that, is what is going to make a perfect 2009!

No comments:

Post a Comment