Saturday, January 10, 2009

Maybe I'm just not that into you!

I think guys often tell us what they think we want to hear… they think if they don’t tell us the truth that it will somehow be easier. Easier on them, of course. While breaking up it is, I want to be friends. After the break up it’s, No I really do still care about you. While courting us it, I want to hang out with you. I want to see you. How about a rain check. I will call you… all things they say because it gets us off the phone. They think that the news will go down easier. As a woman I like to know the truth, I like to be informed about everything, to not have things just sprung on me. Last night was a perfect example. I had made plans to hang out with, we shall call him Mr. Drunk. Now when I suggested us getting together what Mr. Drunk should have said was, I already have plans with my guy friends. Instead he said yes. When he should have said, I might not be able to in the end, he said I can’t wait to see you… now we shall fast forward to about 8 last night when I was heading out to Movie Night with my girlfriends and sent him a text to confirm meeting up later. And yes that is what I do. Send a conformation, because I do not let people hanging and do not bail on people. But instead of a yes, I got back “Oh, I’m on the Westside right now so let’s see where I end up later.” WHAT!!!! Now how simple would it have been for him to just tell me that earlier in the day, and I wouldn’t have planned meeting up (I mean really, I shaved my legs and everything!)… Now if that wasn’t enough I then got a text from him a little after 9… turns out he was not only too drunk to drive, but also too drunk to text! So yup Mr. Drunk was deciding to pass out at a buddy’s house instead of meeting up with me… At least that’s what I got out of the garbled letters and non-words that he had sent me… now really at that point what he should have said was: “Hardt, I’m just not that into you.” Though luckily I’m becoming very good at reading between the lines! So here’s the lesson for you guys- it doesn’t make it any easier for us when you try and tell us what we want to hear… because in the end we just end up more frustrated and disappointed in you than if you had just told the truth. And really, aren't you tired of always looking like the asshole?!

No comments:

Post a Comment