Friday, January 16, 2009

Giggles and love from sunny LA

Life is pretty good right now. Of course it isn’t perfect. But sometimes I think if life were perfect than what fun would that be? I started a new job this week (YAY for me). Now the job isn’t perfect, but I can’t complain. I was uber happy to go back to work. And I spent the week in dance rehearsals for a new video from the cast of So You Think You Can Dance… and let’s just say I have a bit of a crush. So all in all a pretty good week!

Of course there was a bit of drama because there always will be. My poor mom was sent into a panic on Thursday. She’s on the crash team for US Airways and has to fly out for any crash to deal with fatalities and the family members. So of course the crash yesterday happened putting her into a spin of panic to get to the airport. Where she was told that since there weren’t any fatalities she didn’t have to go… and then of course got a call an hour later that no she would have to fly out to New York after all. But after one missed plane and waiting at the airport for another one she was told that since she wouldn’t be there in time it’s ok and she could go home. But needless to say she was exhausted from the entire experience.

As for my love life…nothing really to tell. Mr. Green got back from New Zealand this week and I’ve actually been talking to him again. We both just seem to have a hard time with the letting go. But just friends now. Sure I do still have feelings for him, and yea it is tough sometimes but all in all we’ve managed to remain friends. And the thing is at first I was bitter at us becoming friends. I mean you can’t go from being in love with someone to all of a sudden just someone they occasionally talk to. But he’s shown in the last few months that he actually does care… though in his caring he has unintentionally pointed out just how much Mr. Uni doesn’t. And of course I thought we could be adult about it and have that final conversation, you know the one- we should be friends, you obviously are not interested and I can’t keep getting hurt. OF course you know me, always trying to be positive, thought that if we had that conversation maybe he would actually wake up and be like oh wait I don’t mean to be treating you like gum under my shoe. Though of course no conversation… and I think an unanswered call really does say it all. As Mr. Ex perfectly put this week- “He’s just not that into you… so why are you still bothering with him. You rock, he doesn’t. And deserve so much better.”

But despite the little blips it’s been a fantastic week. I’m looking forward to a great weekend. Tonight I’m going to see an old friend from High School’s band play. I haven’t seen him perform since I was 16 so really excited about that. Also excited because last week I set him up with one of my closest girls and they hit it off like I have never seen. And of course this week I’ve been bombarded with emails from both of them being all mushy and disgusting and basically making me want to throw up. But also has made me really happy. Happy for them and happy to know that love does still exist out there. The old fashioned. Swept off your feet. Can’t stop thinking of someone. Giggly kind… and I can’t wait to get there again!!! Giggle all ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment