Monday, January 19, 2009

Facebook Friend... or Foe?

Last night we threw a new guy into the mix, Mr. FB. Now it’s an odd story about him, but I met FB through Mr. Uni (they went to college together) and when we first started talking on facebook back in November, Mr. Uni and I were still friends so it wasn’t weird that I had started talking to one of his college buddies. Though to set the record straight it was very much Mr. FB that found me on facebook, I am not one to strike up virtual friendships with people. But when Mr. Uni and I started dating it was a little odd that his buddy kept hitting on me. When I told him that he should tell Mr. FB that we were dating, he would just reply that he thought it was funny that FB would always comment on my status and leave messages. So I let it go. And I thought FB was cute to begin with so I thought well it’s nice to have a bit of a flirtation where it’s going nowhere, I was dating his college buddy after all. Well when things went sour with Uni I thought what the heck, FB had been trying to make plans with me the past month and now there really wasn’t any reason to say no. So we made plans to go listen to a friend’s band play last night. I figured it would be a fairly safe evening, I was already planning on going with 5 of my girls so it would be a low key evening of friendship and nothing more. I don’t know him at all ready and was not ready for a date scenario. But you can always use more guy friends, especially cute guy friends. So instead of a traditional date- an evening of laughter, friends, fun and good music was had by all. My friends were very impressed with Mr. FB. In fact when we left the bar they had a talk with me because they could see that I was starting to pick him apart right away, as I have a tendency to do with any guy I met. And they all agreed that he seemed like a really nice guy and that I need to give one of those a try. I take it as a good sign that they liked him, especially since these same friends met Mr. Uni last Sunday and they all thought he was a tool because of the way he was treating me that night. In fact I believe the term “Crescent Wrench” was used… but all in all I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by the evening. I don’t know if I can say that there were sparks, but there definitely weren’t a lack of sparks so that’s a good thing. I just need to make sure that I would be doing this for the right reasons. Not because I’m afraid to be alone. And not because I want to make a point to Mr. Uni. But because I like him. And since I don’t know if I do I’ve agreed to get to know him better. He was very cute and sent me a text last night after I left that bar saying what a great time he had and I even heard from him this morning before he was off for his golf game. So all in all a promising start. A start to what I don’t know. But for now I will settle with a friendship with a cute boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment