Monday, February 2, 2009

At what point does uncomplicated become complicated, and your past becomes your future?

So over the weekend I was accused by Mr. Ex of using him. It wasn’t said in anger, in fact he was pretty much just laughing at us. And I know that I often do, but it was a little hard to hear him say it. Granted he was the one who invited me over on Friday, and he was also the one who suggested I stay at his place on Saturday night since I had such an early call time yesterday. But at the same time he pointed out that I always come back to him whenever a relationship goes south. And usually we have a pretty good thing. It’s uncomplicated. It’s fun. And more importantly it’s comfortable. And when I reminded him that we both don’t want to date each other, and it’s always been a disaster when we do he’s response was that I don’t want to date him, but he isn’t on that same page. And I know I also use him as a sounding board to get a guys perspective on the men I date (his take on Mr. FB- he’s just not that into you, Mr. Uni- he’s an idiot, now Mr. Green on the other hand he actually felt threatened by so he had many opinions on that relationship but at the same time he knew how much I wanted it, so he put it all aside and actually was rooting for that one to work), which I know isn’t fair to him. Mr. Ex is part best friend, part former lover and part just all around go to guy. But after a couple of incidents over the weekend I realized that I haven’t been fair to him this past year… and I have to say I did have a little freak out on Saturday when he gave me his spare key. A simple gesture. But one that starts to blur the line between uncomplicated and complicated and between my past and my future… in the end after thinking about it a bit, and sleeping on it (in his very comfortable bed) I left his key on the nightstand as I left for work Sunday morning… And sadly I think I may have to get rid of my security blanket because in reality it hasn’t been helping me. Because placing a band-aid on bullet wound isn’t working. And it’s about time I took off the band-aide and let the wound just heal. No medicine. No band-aids. And no male replacements. Just a raw Hardt, hoping to heal. Because I can’t keep letting my past ruin possible futures...

No comments:

Post a Comment