Sunday, February 15, 2009

And the love bug comes right back and bites me

I am just starting to wrap up an insanely wonderful Valentines weekend… I spent it with the woman that really are the loves of my life. Once again they sadly were called to duty this week when I was left devastated again but the non-loves of my life. And like always was reminded just how wonderful they are. All lead crazy busy lives. Some have wonderful boyfriends. Some have kids. Some have husbands. Some have intense 24 hour a day jobs. Most had other plans. But instead they rallied around me this weekend. I spent the last 4 days surrounded by these wonderful woman- Alissa, Nicki, Janice, Kelly, Kelli, Riann, Katie, Sara and Sarah I am forever thankful you are in my life. They drank copious amounts of alcohol, ate lots of fattening foods, watched me cry my eyes out, hit the town (and painted it red), walked on the beach, rode bikes along the Venice canals, sang karaoke and sometimes just sat without saying a word. And for all of that I’m grateful. No crying left in me. And in fact when I thought I would be depressed on Valentine’s Day, I found myself exhilarated and excited. The women in my life are amazing. As are many of the men. Spent two nights this weekend with Mr. My Harry (as friends, nothing more, nothing less but we are growing into a very comfortable pattern). Spent way too much time dissecting my love life with Mr. Ex (he’s out of town this weekend but like always remembered to call and wish me a happy Valentines, our little tradition he never forgets even after all these years). And yes the love bug has tempted me back, but I’ve resisted. Of the two dates I have been offered, one I have passed along to a friend because I think he actually might be right for her. And the other I’m happy to see next month when he’s up from San Diego (and NO this is not Mr. Green)… and maybe a month is a good amount of time to figure out myself. But probably not… and for now I’m enjoying being alone. In fact it’s great. This weekend if I was dating someone I would have curtailed many of my activities. Instead I am now spending my 4th night in a row out late with my girls and Mr. My Harry… I was able to sleep in and be lazy all day without anyone bugging me to do anything. I was able to see the movie I wanted to see. I was able to flirt my way thought more than one bar without feel guilty. I was able to workout at the gym when I wanted. I was able to go an extra day without shaving my legs (hey it’s cold and sometimes I’m just too lazy to shave my legs!). I was able to be the real me. The one whose belly is extending way too far out. Whose face breaks out from all the stress. Whose hair right now is just up in an unbrushed pony. Who prefers her glass to her contacts. Who is enjoying spending her Sunday afternoon curled up in bed with a book and a glass of wine. Yes it would be nice to have someone to share the fire with… but until I’m ready a good book and some great friends are more than enough. In fact I would say they are just about perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment