Sunday, February 8, 2009

He's Just Not That Into ME... or something like that

Sadly I think we will finally be seeing the exit of Mr. FB. And it’s not because we don’t have a great time. And it’s not because I haven’t given it the good old college try. And it’s definitely not because the sex is bad. It’s mainly because I think I have to just say he’s possibly just not that into me. And I’m not ok with that. We spent another Friday night together. And like usual we laughed, and talked, I possibly giggled a bit, we had some really fun drunken sex, had a bit of a cuddle (with him nuzzling my neck which many of you might remember really is my Achilles heel!)… but this morning as he was packing for his business trip (yes I even folding some of his shirts for his suitcase) I realized that we just are amazing together, but no amount of me sticking around is really going to wake him up to that fact. And yes he use to believe that. And yes he originally let Mr. Uni come between us. And yes we all remember that I didn’t give him the space that he needs. And mind you in all his talk about space, he was the one to freak out this week on getting deleted off my blackberry messenger. He was the one who has multiple times contacted one of my closest friends about me, about how I’m doing, about how confused he is and how much he really likes me. But at the same time he gave me the same run around on Friday, his bringing it up not me- I already learned my lesson with asking him what we are. And after he spent the last 2 weeks doing some “serious thinking” (his words not mine) he’s realized that with all that is going on with work right now (he’s in the middle of a multi-million dollar proposal that will be the turning point for his company as well as in Florida this week and New York in two for business trips) he feels that he just cannot be dating someone. That it’s not fair to either of us. So that leaves us as with what, occasional dates and sleep overs. And as much as I like spending time with him, that isn’t ok with me. I don’t know what I’m looking for right now. It’s apparent that I’m still not ready for a relationship… but I am ready to dip my toes back into that pool. And although I don’t need to be seeing someone and know where it’s going, I do need to be able to know that at some point it is going somewhere. And since I see a future and he see lace garters and fun drunken nights this is disappointingly where we must head our separate ways. And maybe he will emerge from his business trip and realize that maybe it is worth it to try and make this work… it’s just that I’m not wishing on anymore stars about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment