Saturday, September 27, 2008

The sound of patterns breaking.

This week I’ve slowly slipped back into some old habits, to which a friend called me out on the other night, her exact words were- you always use Booze and Men to deal with breakups… and it’s true I do. So this week I have attempted to change that a bit. Some parts were easy, some a little harder and some were more impossible than I thought they would be!

The easy one was to not jump right back out into the dating world… Now I’ve been dating through the summer (Mr. C and O, Mr. Disney, Mr. First to name a few, but have mainly been a one man woman) and with the end of another chapter in my Mr. book I’ve once again found myself out there trying to really date again… and 2 guys who have been hovering about for the summer finally decided to make their move when hearing I was once again back on the market… now blowing them off was the easy part of the week. I don’t really want to be dating anyone at the moment, and used the break as an excuse and was able to turn both dates into “non-dates” with a counter offer of Hiking with one and then turned drinks with the other into come into the bar while I’m bartending and we will catch up.

Now the part that was a little harder was dealing with Mr. Ex… now that he’s back in town he’s ready to start back where we left off. And it’s easy to slip into comfortability with him, we do it every time I end things with someone… but I realized this week that I don’t think that’s what I want when a couple days later, and many conversations between us, I still haven’t told him that I broke things off with Mr. G. I don’t know why I haven’t. Maybe because I know he will just laugh and say I told you so (all summer whenever I would mention it, Mr. Ex always just said don’t worry that’s just a fling between the two of you, I’ll see you when I get back in town)… and maybe because with each break up it’s harder to say no to Mr. Ex when he’s offering me so many things that I do want… but one thing I know for certain is it’s not as lonely waking up in bed alone, as it is waking up in bed next to someone and wishing they were someone else.

And now the next to impossible part, breaking my cycle with the guys I meet. I know what I’m looking for (in fact we all know what I’m looking for, I blog about my lists enough!) but when I go out I am like a moth to a flame for the biggest asshole in the bar. Last night while out with the girls to cheer me up I once again meet my type: Hot, Great Body, 24, Model looks… and while talking to him I realize just how easy it would be to just go down that path again. But after dating an actual nice guy the last couple of months, it was a bit easier to walk away from the asshole at the end of the night. Mind you I know we would have had an amazing time together, and boy do I ever need THAT right now… but at the end of the night I was able to finish my drink and just say goodnight. Because I’m never going to meet Mr. Right always dating Mr. Wrongs.

No comments:

Post a Comment