Saturday, September 20, 2008

A message in a bottle… or at least on a cell phone.

Now first off I need to state that I’m the queen of the drunken text messages… not necessarily the drunken booty call texts (thought I’ve been known to do that a time or two also) but I’m talking about the drunken, reveal your true feelings, put your foot in your mouth text messages. When I got back from Jamaica my cell phone pinged with texts… At first I thought that was odd, since everyone who would usually text me knew I was out of town. And even odder when I started to read the messages. Apparently a friend of mine, let’s call him Mr. Uni, got a little too drunk one night while I was gone (or at least I’m hoping he was drunk because if he sent the messages sober than I’m even more confused!). Anyways I’ve known Mr. Uni for years, we’ve been friends (never anything more!), we’ve seen each other go through multiple boys and girls but more importantly he believes that I am dating someone else right now. And not only believes me to be in a relationship, he’s actually hung out with Mr. Green and I together (and like I’ve stated before when Mr. Green and I are actually together we are very couply so Mr. Uni was not under the impression that Mr. G and I was just friends!). So knowing all this it was a surprise to me to get a text message letting me know just how much Mr. Uni wants me! I had a few options on what to do, but decided to go the chicken route and ignore them. I’ve spoken to him this week, he hasn’t mentioned them and I’m not going to say a word… after all a message in a bottle is only important when someone finds it, and I’m just going to hit delete and pretend that it never hit my shore!

No comments:

Post a Comment