Friday, September 5, 2008

Aruba, Jamaica, ooohhh I wanna take you…

After an exhausting weekend, I returned from San Diego physically and emotionally drained, and then proceded to worked like crazy all week only to rev myself up last night for drinks with Mr. C&O, which unfortunately didn’t give me anything much to write home about. First of all you will notice it was “drinks” and not a date…Although he is a super nice guy, cute, turns out we know a lot of the same people since he use to work on Scrubs, we were able to swap bartending stories since that’s his current occupation when he isn’t acting, had lots of wine and at the end of the evening I gave him a hug and a promise to call him when I get back from Jamaica so he can take me out to dinner. Under normal circumstances I would say that over all it was a great evening… but of course at the end of the night when I went home a tad tipsy it really was someone else who I wanted in my bed with me. Someone who unfortunately is far away and just out of my reach- both physically and emotionally.

But luckily instead of being stuck at home in Los Angeles thinking too hard on all of it, I leave tomorrow night for 7 glorious nights in Paradise… otherwise known as Jamaica! Bluefields Bay to be precise. In a fantastic 4 bedroom villa- The Hermitage. A trip that has been months in the planning (luckily most of the planning was done by an Angel named Janice!), in fact for me it’s been exactly 4 months of planning. I only know the exact date because yesterday my airplane ticket stub fell out of my guide book. I bought the book when I was recovering at home from my breakup with Mr. NakedBartender… but on May 4th turns out I was heading on a plane home, with high hopes for a trip to cure the broken heart (though oddly enough who knew that I would get off that plane and go straight into drinks with an old friend and meet Mr. Green who might just have been the “physical” cure to that broken heart).. and now the trip is finally here, no longer broken, no longer confused, although also no longer as skinny (The broken heart diet really is the best thing out there!) but needless to say I just can’t wait- I’m packed, have a shinny new passport, some sunscreen, lots of bug spray and anticipate a week of pleasure and relaxation. All in all, the perfect end to a perfect summer! So you may not hear from me for awhile… but I will be thinking of all my friends while I am down there playing in the crystal blue water-kayaking, swimming, surfing, snorkeling and scuba diving… In fact I’ll even do a shot of Rum in your honor just before I dive off those cliffs!

No comments:

Post a Comment