Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Broken again… but luckily this time it’s not my heart!

I came back from Jamaica tan, determined, and cheerful… well I should say I woke up tan, determined, and cheerful, because really I came back to LAX ‘s ridiculous that was Customs and spent two hours being tired, annoyed and grumpy. So much that I got into it with a very pushy European family that tried to cut in front of us in line and after already waiting an hour in it I so wasn’t having it! But I woke up the next morning feeling refreshed after getting a great nights sleep! I admit I was a little sad that I didn’t have Pepito making me coffee and Aldean bringing me Rum Drinks, but that’s ok I knew I had to come back down to reality sometime… and boy did I ever. While unpacking I thought I would cheer myself up, put on some rock music and sing and dance the Post-Vacation Blues away… and I did that. In fact I danced those blues right into the side of the bed where I managed to give myself one hell of a broken toe! Now I know the first thing everyone asks, were you drinking?! But no, turns out after spending a week drunk doing every death defying act that is possible I ended up breaking my toe, sober on my bed back at home! Yea I really am the queen of the klutzes… now I lay here 3 days later, still needing the use of crutches to get around, still throbbing in pain, still with a very large and very purple toe, and still wishing I was back in Jamaica where I had sun, sand, water and the ability to swim/run/hike/dive whenever I please!

Hopefully my toe will heal soon, because it’s cutting into my Post-Vacation Activities- I’ve already had to postpone Jet Skiing with Mr. Ex until next week! Luckily I plan on spending the weekend close to home recovering, and maybe if I’m lucky I will still be able to have a boy bring me Rum Drinks…. So he might not be Jamaican, but hey you can’t get everything you wish for in life, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment