Monday, March 9, 2009

A single red tear...

I’m excited to announce a fresh start for Hardt. Though sadly this fresh start will include fresh water instead of Salt Water. Over the weekend I was offered a job as the assistant production coordinator of a rather large horror film being shot in Havasu over the next 5 months, we shall call it Killer Fish- obviously not the real name but I would lose my fancy new job if I actually told you that! It’s very exciting for many reasons, it’s being made by a production company that I love, it’s a huge stunt show (and we all know how much I love me my stunt men) and most importantly it’s a way for me to get out of Los Angeles and try and get over these men in my life. I’m not running away exactly, just trying to have a fresh start and clear my head a bit. On hearing that I got the job my first impulse was to call Mr. Green. I don’t know when I’m going to stop thinking about him, god I hope it’s soon! But even now, after deleting him from my life and even deleting him from my facebook account I still thinking about him every day, and still even shed a tear of two on most days. I know, pathetic. But I’m trying to move on. I just hope putting even more distance between the two of us will do some good.

As for the other Mr.’s in my life it’s all the same tale…Mr. Uni apologized and apologized for coming between Mr. FB and I. And for once I stuck to my guns and told him that no we cannot be friends and even after all that he even had the audacity to ask for the link to the new blog. Let’s just say he got a HELL NO from me… Mr. FB himself has just turned into the same guy I always date. I don’t know why I ever thought he was a nice guy. When I told him I was leaving for 5 months and wanted to get drinks, his response was it’s possibly but I’m really booked this week. But the real shock of the ex’s came last night in the form of Mr. Wyoming. After sleeping together in December and us both realizing what a mistake that was (let’s just say we never had the best sex but that really was our worst…) I breathed a sigh of relief that he was finally out of my life for good. Well turns out I spoke to soon, and like always he tried to weasel his way back in. Luckily this time I was able to respond very simply- Sorry I’m really busy packing this week I’ll call you when I get back in 5 months.

So the men have all gone. Mr. Uni has finally stopped his frantic emailing. Mr. Wyoming didn’t like my sarcasm. Mr. FB doesn’t seem to mind that I’m gone. And as for Mr. Uni, he doesn’t even care… that being said it’s going to be great to get out of Los Angeles for some time. Because I’m just not finding what I want here… and I came home this afternoon to what I want, it just wasn’t for me. My roommates new boyfriend spent the entire afternoon cooking a romantic dinner, complete with a table set with red roses and candles… with all my failed romances and mismatched dates, the most pathetic thing is that at 29 I’ve never once walked into my apartment to any type of flowers for me. And with that I shed one last rose red tear…

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new job! That's awesome-and couldn't have come at a better time. No strings, no guys at home to miss while you're gone (or worry about cheating on you) and you can just go and have a great time. Maybe 30 will be the year that you'll get the roses (or tulips!!) Have a great time, and I hope you find some time to blog while you're gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eh, flowers aren't all they're cracked up to be. I find other gestures to be much more meaningful.

    Good luck to you, darlin!

    ReplyDelete