Monday, June 29, 2009

From my mother on her 60th brithday...

I am not an old woman....by CME

I am 60, I have lived a Lavish life, from Lorain to London. I have traveled in all four hemispheres; From south of the equator to dive on the Great Barrier reef, To North Pole Alaska to see Santa Clause. I have visited my family’s origins in the Czech Republic, Attended Mass at the Vatican in Rome, And prayed to Buddha in China. In 60 years; I have crawled, run, hiked, biked and walked the Boston Marathon. I have witnessed someone take their first breath, and another’s last. I have experienced ups and downs, But always saw my glass half full instead of half empty. It is so hard to believe that I am finally as old as my mother. I now walk in comfortable shoes, Buy a bathing suit without trying it on and eat desserts. I hate turning 60, but I love what has gotten me here . . . I love being a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, a friend And a cancer survivor who celebrates life every day… Including another birthday.

1 comment:

  1. Go Hardt's Mom! You rock-I hope I look half that good at 60 :-)

    ReplyDelete