Sunday, May 31, 2009

Bitten by Mr. Piranha... the In-Between Part of the Story

When Mr. P got home from work on Friday night his plan was to grab his stuff, his guitar and head back to Los Angeles. But you know what they say about best laid plans! Instead he walked in on the end of the Lakers Game (side note- GREAT GAME!) and it was one of our little traditions to have naked Lakers Nights… I of course knew he didn’t want anything else between us but thought I would see if I could work a little magic. Turns out, no magic was had. But he didn’t want to leave yet. So instead of him heading back we laid in bed, barely touching and watched the game. After it ended he still didn’t feel right leaving, so we watching a movie and fell asleep in bed with the new plan of him leaving at 6am. Now when I say we slept I mean he slept without touching me AT ALL and I laid in bed trying not to cry. It felt weird to have our first night where we slept without his arms around me, without his breath on my neck, without his legs rubbing against mine… and it felt even weirder when his alarm went off when he didn’t automatically reach to pull me as close to him as possible… and yet he went back to sleep and once again delayed his trip back home. We finally both woke up around 8:30 and that is when he finally reached for me and we laid there in each others arms for about a half hour not saying anything. When I tried to mention us having sex he just laughed and said he had to go and knew that when we have sex it’s not quick. But still that was an excuse, because he still didn’t leave right away. He made us breakfast, though I was unable to eat a thing. And he grabbed his guitar and half heartedly played for a bit. And then when we could delay it no longer he left (after 3 goodbyes and both of us holding on to each other for dear life) and I left an hour after him.

Of course it took him so long getting gas, filing up the air in his tires and looking for beer cozies for his dad that I was only a bit behind him. And as soon as I reached about an hour out of Havasu all the stations on the radio became just Christian Rock and I soon bored of listening to the punk rock version of “Sounds of Satan” (I kid you not that was one of the songs!)… so I did what needed to be done. I called him to tell me a story, and since it was his fault I had no CD’s in my car he obliged. And there we were on the phone caravanning the entire way. Though when we ran out of chit chat, and were just on the phone giving observances on what was passing us by he did offer to stop at the next mile marker and leave CD’s for me… But even with songs in my car finally we still kept calling each other. We managed to get turned around in Bakersfield while we looked for a place to have lunch, eventually ended up at Baja Fresh. Were we sat, laughed and just enjoyed being together again for a good time after we were done eating… and where we said our 4th goodbye of the day! And then continued on the road home. Still picking up the phone to talk to each other every couple of minutes until we finally reached LA and went on our separate ways… the last text was from him about the very sad end of the Cleveland Game… and at that point I had to delete his number out of my phone. Knowing that Saturday was Blackout Saturday (Mr. FB was taking me out to help me forget my issues… don’t worry that story will come later!) and knowing that I would get drunk and send him a message about how much I missed him I did what I had to do… and sadly pressed delete letting Mr. Piranha out of my life…

No comments:

Post a Comment