Thursday, August 27, 2009

Itty Bitty Blue and White Bikini

Over the years I have managed to lock myself out of my apartment many times… have become friends with my neighbors and the fireman across the street, you may even remember a certain incident involving me and just a bikini. So it goes without saying I now have a spare key. I would say hidden, but everyone knows where it is. My friends often use it to get in when I’m not here, usually to drop things off or just to wait for my perpetually late self. I also have a trick way of getting into my place for those times when the key is not in its place (for example when Mr. P forgot to put it back after letting himself in last weekend). But I can without a doubt say I will never be locked out again… or so I thought!

After a great weekend with P I was torn about this week and his work schedule, he’s been working crazy hours and they’ve been filming up in Burbank so I prepared myself to go the week without seeing him. Really settled myself to not seeing him until late next week. Our weekend schedules never really mesh, I book myself like crazy on Saturdays and Sundays are his improve and writing day. So for the most part we just see each other during the week, and seeing as I’m most likely going to be in San Diego the first part of next week (going for Mr. Green’s roommates birthday- now that’s an entirely different blog!) I figured a week and a half without P will hopefully let me sort out what I’m feeling, and maybe make him miss me a little bit. And it’s sort of worked… I do get my nightly text from him usually telling me he can’t surf and how busy he is working, which although it’s not love letters it is SOMETHING. Though this morning he tried to make it down and way overslept his alarm until I woke him up, too late to surf…but at least he TRIES… right?

Anyways back to the real story. Since he’s been working I’ve been able to sleep in a few hours later in the mornings and have been going surfing at 10am instead of 7 or 8… and although I much prefer the early mornings because there are less surfers and we aren’t blackballed yet, it’s been nice to surf with one of my girlfriends again every day. Sure there isn’t the same giggling as with P and I, but I still have fun. And the waves have been a great size (4 foot and overhead). And yesterday walking back to her place from the beach (she lives 1 block over from where we surf) I was starting to feel all right with the world. Sure I’ve have some downs lately. And sure I’m not only nowhere near where I thought I’d be, I’m nowhere near where anyone my age SHOULD be… but I’ve been making the most of it. And there I stood, washing the sand off my legs and peeling myself out of my wetsuit (the water is still a bit chilly even in the late mornings) and thought ok I’m going to be all right… and then we realized the power was out in the neighborhood. Which wouldn’t be a bad thing, except for one simple thing… we get in through her garage! And there I was, for the second time in my life locked out wearing only my bikini! Luckily her husband works only a few blocks away so we were able to go over and get a spare set of keys from him … and luckily this time I didn’t have to embarrass myself in front of my fireman (only the security guard for his office building).But seriously how does someone get locked out in only a bikini… TWICE!!!!

So maybe all is not well with the world after all… and someone somewhere is getting a big laugh out of watching me go through these random high and on fire hoops… but I keep doing them. Just hoping that the treat at the end of them is worth all these bruises and burns!

No comments:

Post a Comment