Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Sleepless in Havasu

After returning from an amazing weekend with the girls in Vegas (decadent weekend including drinks, shopping, boys and fun!) I found that I not only was sick but worn down and exhausted… Sunday night I managed to pass out around 7 to only wake up at 8 so sick but ready for work. Though turns out work wasn’t ready for me, I was sent home at lunch for rest up…which was great. I got some sleep, caught up on some reading and was passed out by 9. Only to be woken up once again at midnight by the pitter patter of little furry feet. This damn mouse was back again! Now only were the humane traps useless, he managed to eat his way out of two of them! We set more traps today (now the non-humane death traps) and instead of getting caught the little sucker is playing with us, he moved them into the middle of the room without setting them off! It’s insane the ability of this mouse… so far we’ve found he loves my room and my shoe closet. Doesn’t go near my roommate’s room. And will only venture into the living room or kitchen if chased, but then crawls back to my room minutes later. No amount of duct tape will keep him out. Tonight we have more traps, after a visit from the exterminator who told us that yes it’s just the one mouse we have a battle plan. Armed with traps, 2 cats, a water gun, oranges and snickers we are bound to catch this mouse tonight! If not I’m going to pack a bag and let him take over the room!

1 comment:

  1. i THINK i might have a mouse somwhere in my house too...only i think he might be trapped in the walls cause i can hear him scratching at night as i try to fall asleep. creepy!

    ReplyDelete